An epic opportunity from Silverstone – This is a must for racing fans…
If you have been keyed in to the happenings of the Silverstone race circuit, you may well know work is currently underway to build a new pit lane, paddock and conference complex. These rather optimistic artists impressions of the new building look impressive so far…
What I find funny about the pictures is that the weather coordinates with the lighting and shadows on the building, however, the thing that really cracks me up is how optimistic they are about the weather – we are either going to have tropically hot days, or tropically stormy days. And I love their optimism that with a sky as black as black, that a grand prix would till go on! It also seems to be entirely dominated by Ferrari and McLaren mechanics!
Anyway, this lovely new complex is called.
Aha. That is not an error – the complex is yet to be named, and this is where you lovely lot come in! You have the chance to name the new complex, so you can not only be part of motoring history, but win some amazing prizes too!
All you have to do is think of a name, give an explanation as to why you chose that name, give a few of your details and that’s all.
The fabulous prizes include:
- A VIP invitation for the winner and a guest to the official opening ceremony of the new complex in May 2011.
- Race day hospitality for the winner and a guest at the 2011 Silverstone Formula One Grand Prix, and the 2011 Silverstone British Grand Prix (Moto GP).
- A Silverstone Super Choice voucher. The winner can choose a Silverstone driving experience at the track (for the winner only). You get the choice of six of the tracks top experiences including Lamborghini, Ferrari and Aston Martin experience days
All in all pretty worth while. But you cannot forget the important information; Firstly, the competition closes at 17:00 on Friday 8th october 2010. The terms and conditions are as follows if you can’t be bother to root them out form website, or if your computer is like mine and very akward about opening PDFs:
- The winner must be a UK citizen
- The winner must be 18 or over when entering the competition
- The winner must give a valid email address
- When entering, the winner is agreeing to automatically sign up for the Silverstone database newsletter. The winner must be signed up to the Silverstone database newsletter before the closing date of the competition and you will be required to fill in a questionnaire by the company in order to qualify for the competition
- The competition is only open to people who are not related to the following groups: Silverstone employees and associates and their families
- No purchase necessary
- One entry per person
- Silverstone may use the name on any buildings e.c.t and no dues will be paid to the winner
- The winner must agree to take part in Silverstone publicity material if the circuit requests so, and Silverstone reserves the right to use details of the prize winner on any publicity material
- Silverstone has the right to close the competition if no suitable entry is made
- If two or more people submit the same entry, the name will be chosen at random
- The result is final
- If you win, you will be contacted by a representative of Silverstone directly to confirm details
- Any details of the winner will be used according to the UK Data Protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third-party without consent
- The prize is as described and nonnegotiable. There is no cash alternative
- If the prize is not available, Silverstone will offer another prize of equal or greater value
- If the winner is unable to claim or use the prize, no alternative will be given
- Silverstone can amend the T&Cs at any time
- All entrants are bound by the most recent T&Cs
- Silverstone do not accept responsibility for damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by entering the promotion
- The use and enjoyment of goods that make up the prize are subjects to T&Cs by the third parties who offer the goods and services out of Silverstones control
- If the awarding of the prize cannot take place for impossible reasons out of Silverstones control, Silverstone may vary or amend the promotion at the discretion of the circuit if the participant agrees that no liability is attached to Silverstone
Good luck to everyone!